Thursday 9 August 2012

Lady Gaga - Yoü And I



I know the MV is very odd/weird/etc but to me this song is about self-love. It is to do with find every part of yourself, all your different sides and fantasies.The things which have inspired and helped you to live as who you are, and satisfying each of those parts. In the music video she plays at least six different sides of herself, showcasing their personalities. For one example of this, there is the young girl playing the piano; she seems childlike and wholesome, wearing nightgown- type attire and smiling up naively at the older Joe Calderone (I may have misspelled that, forgive me). I think she probably symbolizes LG's mid-late-teen self. She has described her upbringing as sheltered, specifically from sexuality (went to an all-girls Catholic school), and that seems to be how this character acts. And as for some of the lyrics which seem to indicate a past lover, it's instead about the aspects of her personality which she left behind. The parts of herself she forgot to please, or hadn't the chance try to because of the recent years of fame. That is how I like to think about it. I think it has a deeper message than the general opinions about her ex boyfriend. It appeals to me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment