Monday 10 June 2013

legacy


I wonder what people will say about me when I’m finally gone. How many people will reminisce about me? How many people will miss me? I wonder how people would remember me for the person I was. Heck, I even wonder how many people would even notice I was gone once that last breath is taken. Don’t you ever think about it?

I think we all hope that by the time death welcomes us, our life will of meant something….anything. That we will have impacted at least one person in this world or made some sort of difference that made us being here significant. That being on this earth was not useless - that we were not useless. I think that’s why most of us feel lost most of the time; Because we want to find greatness so we could mean something other than just a forgotten face in history. But I have this funny feeling that we will never know how much we impacted this world, that we don’t even realize how many people we have affected in our lifetime.

But it would be nice to have some sense of what our legacy would one day be. By how being part of one persons life, even for a second, changed the course of their life. How making someone smile meant something to them. How you inspired someone or how your friendships with people really did mean something. And I wonder, when the last time someone utters your name and you’re truly gone, if the difference we have made in this world will still matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment