Thursday 21 March 2013

Loudest When It’s Quietest.


The times when the world is at its quietest are the times where I feel like it can be at its loudest. It’s as if my mind fears being engulfed in silence that thoughts immediately rush through my head. Thoughts about life, myself, the past, the future, and even you. Sometimes it can feel like while the world is in a sense of tranquility, I’m trapped alone within an inescapable cell while being bombarded with questions that were meant for the wisest of men that I sadly cannot find the answers too.

And as experiences begin to add up as time swiftly robs us of our youth, more questions are piled on, impatiently waiting to be answered. But how can one person know for certain what happens after death? Or why two souls are not meant to be together when it seemed like so much love was once there? Why does the thoughts in my head insist on asking the impossible, such as the meaning of life, if there are such things as destiny and fate, or if there is truly such a thing as the one.

For me, the world is at it loudest when it’s quietest. But as this internal monologue seems to be missing a mute button, it’s not hard to believe that many other people experience the same problem I do. That when world is at silence, we secretly become philosophers questioning anything and everything - that we’re all yearning for the day when we are able to find the answers that finally makes sense of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment